WABBA INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL – REPORT
Venice (ITALY), 8th February 2015
The first WABBA INTERNATIONAL Council, held in Venice on 8th February 2015, marked the establishment of the evolution of WABBA. It is a true landmark in the world of bodybuilding and it has set future standards.
- Scott Horton – UK
- Mike Wilson – UK
- Gianni Coselli – ITALY
- Massimo Pratelli – ITALY
- Miquel Virgili – SPAIN
- Jorge Monteverde – SPAIN
- Mario Passo – ARGENTINA (represented by Jorge Monteverde)
- Calogero Migliore – BELGIUM
- Matjaz Tavcar – SLOVENIA
- Carmen Galasso – ITALY
- Cristian Zurbruken – SWITZERLAND
- Nikos Tsounakis – GREECE
- Georgiou Kyriakos – CYPRUS (represented by Nikos Tsounakis)
The meeting started on time, Mr Coselli and Mr Pratelli welcomed and thanked all participants for coming and right afterwards the main points are discussed.
WABBA INTERNATIONAL – THE PROJECT
A detailed description of the facts that led to the actual situation of crisis suffered by WABBA WORLD is presented. All the documents pertaining to this are shown and all the damage suffered by WABBA ITALIA and the defense that the latter put into action are well described, including the proceedings for the protection of the logo in Italy and in Europe.
The project of the evolution of WABBA World, which is WABBA INTERNATIONAL, is presented with a detailed description of all aspects, including the democratic management and transparency in the handling of the resources.
All participants agreed on the project, so the first voting to elect the International Executive Committee is held.
WABBA INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
It is the body that will take all the decisions by a democratic voting and must be formed by a minimum of three persons. If the votes are even, the vote of the President counts double. The International Executive Committee meets at least four times a year, two of which will be at the two major international competitions (Mr WORLD and Mr UNIVERSE) together with the Assembly of the Nations and two in separate occasions.
ASSEMBLY OF THE NATIONS
Its purpose is to propose and it meets twice a year, the day after the Mr WORLD and the Mr UNIVERSE with the Executive Committee.
It is formed by al the Nations that are part of WABBA INTERNATIONAL and paid the annual fee. The first year the Nations can take part in the Assembly but cannot speak, from the second year they can also speak.
All meetings must be held in places with a high quality standard and all participants must wear the official uniform. After all meetings a report must be produced, approved by the Executive Committee and published on the website.
CREATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee will be formed by the founding members of WABBA INTERNATIONAL, who are:
- Massimo Pratelli
- Erno Huszar
- Jorge Monteverde
- Scott Horton
- Gianni Coselli
- Nikos Tsounakis
- Cristian Zurbruken
The members of the Executive Committee appointed all the roles with a voting procedure:
- WORLD PRESIDENT – Scott Horton – UK
- WORLD VICE PRESIDENT – Erno Huszar – HUNGARY
- GENERAL SECRETARY – Massimo Pratelli – ITALY
- ADMINISTRATOR – Gianni Coselli – ITALY
- TREASURY AND CONTROLLER – Jorge Monteverde – SPAIN
- INTERNATIONAL BOARD MEMBER – Nikos Tsounakis – GREECE
- INTERNATIONAL BOARD MEMBER – Cristian Zurbruken – SWITZERLAND
MANAGEMENT OF THE FEDERATION
The Executive Committe examined the possible ways to manage the Fedaration and decided to create a Sports Association LTD in Italy, owned by the seven Executive Committee members. This entity will be the owner of the logo and is necessary to avoid any personal legal issues for the members.
The management of the economic resources has benn discussed and the following has been decided:
– Part of the money raised will be used as prize money for the athletes, in a PRO CLASS. This amount will be 5000 euros in the beginning and will be raised as soon as the funds will be available.
– WABBA Intarnational will contribute to the costs of the organization of international competitions with a parcentage of the money raised with the athletes inscription fees.
The prize money for the PRO CLASS will be divided as follows (it will be raised in the future):
1° PLACE 1500 €
2° PLACE 1000 €
3° PLACE 1000 €
4° PLACE 500 €
5° PLACE 500 €
6° PLACE 500 €
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE AND JUDGES
All the technical roles have been assigned:
- PRESIDENT OF JUDGES – Nikos Tsounakis – GREECE
- PRESIDENT OF TECHNICAL COMMITTEE – Calogero Migliore – BELGIUM
Some adaptations have been made to the categories used in WABBA WORLD as follows (the rules will be available soon):
- In 2015 the JUNIOR category is for people born from 1991 on
- Creation of the PRO – CLASS with money prize
- Reduction of the weight tolerance for the Men Bodyfitness +175cm to 5%
- Introduction of the new category MISS MODEL BEAUTY
- Renaming of the category MISS MODEL in MISS BIKINI
- Slight change in the names of some women’s WABBA WORLD categories as follows :
- MISS SHAPE (TONED)
- MISS FITNESS (TRAINED)
- MISS BODY (PHISIQUE)
- Introduction of the new category DISABLED
The new rules for the Nation will be available soon. The major change is the affiliation fee that is decreased to 500 euros instead of 1000.
After a discussion the Council decided that the best way to conduct a competition is to make it in one day, with the exit order in strict timing.
The council decided also to change the judgement system as follows:
- The president of the Judges and another judge of his choice select the top 10 athletes for each category
- The judges decide the final scores
Having discussed all the matters, World President Mr Scott Horton declares the Council closed.