WABBA INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE MEETING REPORT – January 2018
Report of the meeting:
VENICE – 27th January 2018
The WABBA INTERNATIONAL Executive Committee meeting took place in Venice on July 2018. All the committee members were present:
- Jorge Monteverde – World President
- Erno Huszar – World Vice President
- Nikos Tsounakis – President of the Judges
- Massimo Pratelli – General Secretary
- Gianni Coselli – Administrator
- Trevor Chung – Pro-Class Director
1. INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS
Details about the organization of all international competition have been discussed in detail.
- Any National WABBA which wants to organize an International competition (World Championship or Mr/Ms Universe) or an International Grand Prix, must submit the request in writing to WABBA INTERNATIONAL General Secretary at least one year in advance. The request must have all the detailed information needed by the Executive Committee to evaluate the proposal. No action can be taken without prior written consent by WABBA INTERNATIONAL Executive Committee. The organizer will be given all the details of the minimum requirements (size of the stage, prizes, categories and so on).
- The Open Championships that are organized in different Countries by third parties, which are recognized by WABBA INTERNATIONAL and to which WABBA Athletes are ecouraged to compete, can be added to the calendar of WABBA INTERNATIONAL shows, with a clear indication that it is an OPEN contest and NOT a WABBA show.
- All WABBA international Grand Prix shows will have the possibility to give PRO cards to the overall winners (Men BB and Miss Bikini).
- Athletes cannot compete in more than ONE category within a show (with the exception of the mixed couples).
- A prize for the best National team will be reintroduced. The following criteria will be used to make the scores:
– 1 point for each athlete of the Nation, regardless of the placing;
– 5 points for each athlete placed at the 6th place, 6 for the 5th, 7 for the 4th, 8 for the 3rd, 9 for the 2nd and 10 for the 1st;
– 10 points for the overall winners.
- Athletes entering the show in the MIXED COUPLES category must pay an additional fee of 50 euro per couple. The judging will follow the same system used for the other categories (selection of the 6 best couples based on the physique). Only the top 6 will do the routine that will make 50% of the total scoring (50% physique – 50% routine).
2. PRO CARDS
WABBA International will start issuing PRO cards at a cost of 200 euros for Men BB and 150 Euros for Miss Bikini. The card will be valid for the calendar year, expiring
December 31st, regardless of the date it has been issued.
The athletes that reach the PRO status winning their category at World Championship or Mr Universe or winning the overall title at an International Grand Prix, can compete as Pros without payng the Pro Card until December 31st of the year they qualified as PROs.
PRO Athletes will receive a certificate along with the PRO card.
The PRO Division web page will be activated on wabbainternational.com with all the details about the PRO Division (rules, how to obtain the card and so on).
3. INTERNATIONAL CALENDAR
The international calendar for the two main events (World Championship and Mr/Ms Universe) for the next 2 years has been set.
Main events 2019:
◦ World Championship: SPAIN or GREECE
◦ Mr/Ms UNIVERSE: MEXICO.
Main events 2020:
◦ World Championship: UK
◦ Mr/Ms UNIVERSE: HUNGARY
6. ROLES OF THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
To optimize the activities of WABBA INTERNATIONAL and to have a better communication with the National Federations, the coordination of World Regions have been assigned to different people, on top of their current status. The areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Jorge Monteverde: World President – Coordinator of Latin America
- Erno Huszar: World Vice President – Cordinator of Eastern Europe
- Massimo Pratelli: General Secretary – Coordinator of North America, Asia and Pacific
- Gianni Coselli: Administrator
- Nikos Tsounakis: President of the Judges
- Trevor Chung: Director of Tecnical committee and PRO Division – Coordinator of Africa. Mr Chung is also responsible for the rules.
All the decisions are effective immediately as of the publishing of this report.
WABBA INTERNATIONAL President – Mr Jorge MONTEVERDE
WABBA INTERNATIONAL General Secretary – Mr Massimo Pratelli